Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sitting on God's Shoulders.



 Remember when you were a kid and your Dad would hoist you up on his shoulders? Maybe you went somewhere special and couldn't see. Maybe it was because of your constant complaining that he put you up there to make it stop. Maybe it was out of sheer love that he placed you up on his shoulders, to be near you, to show you what he saw, and just to lead the way so you could enjoy the ride and the wonders around you.

 I don't know about you but those times were special to me. I felt safe knowing that my Dad wouldn't let me fall. I had confidence in knowing that He knew the way. I could see everything around me, as he would point out the special things and he would teach me about the world around. I could relax knowing I was in the presence of my father.

 Have you ever thought of the correlation between those times and what Jesus Christ has done and does for you?

 We grow too big to sit on our fathers shoulders and we rely on the teachings of our father to get us through this life, but the fact is that we fail. Without someone holding us up and leading the way the world gets the best of us. That is where Jesus comes in.

 Jesus gave up His crown and came to earth as a man to live a perfect life for us. He obeyed the Father perfectly, even as He was nailed to the Cross, dying the violent, bloody death that we deserved. Then three days later he rose from the dead, conquering death and sin so we could have life. What Jesus was doing was fighting for us. He was making a way to save us from ourselves, because he wants to hoist us up on his shoulders, just like our father did as children.

 Luke 15:5-6 says; "And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.'

 Did you catch that? Jesus is always there, searching for us. If we turn and ask for His forgiveness and place our faith in Him, He puts us on his shoulders and carries us home.

 So place your faith in Jesus and let Him hoist you up onto His shoulders, feel safe that He won't let you fall, have confidence in knowing that He IS the way. Rejoice in the blessings He gives you, praise Him for the truths that He reveals to you, and relax in knowing that you are always in the presence of the Father. His love is a perfect love, never changing, never fading and never ending. Jesus fought so we could live. So live a life on his shoulders, in reverence of Him.

 Call your Dads and tell him that you love him. Hug your children and tell them that you will always fight for them. Put your children on your shoulders and teach them that Jesus does the same, but most of all get on your knees and thank God the Father for doing the same for you.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment