Friday, December 9, 2011

It is the power of Christ that compels me!


As I read through Psalms 30 this morning, it hit me like a loving brick in the face!
Psalms 30
1I will extol you, O LORD, for you have drawn me up
and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2O LORD my God, I cried to you for help,
and you have healed me.
3O LORD, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.[
a]
4Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name.[
b]
5 For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.[
c]
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.
6As for me, I said in my prosperity,
"I shall never be moved."
7By your favor, O LORD,
you made my mountain stand strong;
you hid your face;
I was dismayed.
8To you, O LORD, I cry,
and to the Lord I plead for mercy:
9"What profit is there in my death,[
d]
if I go down to the pit?[
e]
Will the dust praise you?
Will it tell of your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me!
O LORD, be my helper!"
11You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
you have loosed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
12that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
 We so often get caught up in our everyday lives, and forget what God has done for us. We stress over finances, and forget that our God is the ultimate provider. We grumble over our jobs and struggles, and we forget that Jesus was brutally beaten, mocked, spit on and then murdered, for our sake.
 We are called to look ahead at the fact that we now have eternal life, and find joy in that. Jesus lived perfectly for us and then gave us his righteousness while taking our sin and making us a new creation. Our ransom has been paid and we are free from death.
 So I ask you, What is it in your life that you haven't given up to God? What truth about God do you not believe, or have forgotten about?
 Read through this Psalm and rejoice in the fact that God has redeemed us back to himself. He has adopted us as sons and daughters. It wasn't because we are awesome and we did anything to deserved it. It was because He desired it.
 So stop your whining and start reminding!
 I think that verse 11 and 12 sum it up well. God has turned my mourning into dancing, and I will give thanks to you forever!   

Jason 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so true. I watched Passion of the Christ with Bethany this morning and we balled. It's crazy how much he Wanted to bare for us!!!

    ReplyDelete